Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ouch, Carpel tunnel??....

I don't usually whine about stuff like this. 
I have a fairly high tolerance for pain....
but, this is just about killing me!
So, I'm gonna whine a little bit if that's okay!


I woke up yesterday morning, sat up in bed, and an extremely sharp pain shot from the base of my wrist/hand strait down from my pinkie to about 6 inches into my arm and it hasn't gone away yet!
It hurts!  We are having terrible storms going thru our area since yesterday about mid-day, so I don't know if that is playing a part in it.  Usually my knees act up when it rains, Thank you Mom for passing that on to me, but not this time, this time it's my wrist.  Do any of you experience this??

I've had to wear this lovely brace at night while sleeping off and on this past year.  I experience hand numbness at night, so my doctor told me to pick one up.  It helps! So I put it on late afternoon yesterday after the 6 ibuprofen I had taken by 5:30 p.m. didn't relieve the pain.  Any slight movement kills right now!
Do you feel my pain?  I don't recommend you do!

I truly am having trouble doing even the most basic movements right now.  Will icing it help, or should I use the heat pad?  Just typing this post is painful....no  pressing any keys with my pinkie on this hand without a very sharp pain shooting thru. It's a throbbing,heated like there's a fever in that spot, constant pain, almost what I would imagine it might feel like if it were broken (although I've never had anything broken, so I can only imagine).  What to do? If you have experienced this kind of pain, I would love to hear what works for you?  Hopefully this goes away soon, with the rain....if that's what's causing it!

Okay, I'm done whining....for now!  Ouch!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon ! Have a great day ( or try too ) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, icing will help and don't take that brace off unless you must for a while. So sorry...my brace is always at the ready in my top desk drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Satta king Play Bazaar Despite the fact that they are print media, business cards are a significant piece of your Internet advertising technique.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...