Friday, March 31, 2017

Bead board and Barn Lights

  Welcome!
Today I thought I would share a sneak peek of the progress so far in our laundry room. We are doing it in sections...everything takes a bit of thought and time. The first picture shows the counter that we removed and started this whole makeover project back in July. When moving here almost 17 yrs ago, I thought it was a great space for folding laundry as I pull it out of the dryer. Unfortunately, it became a place to lay everything and leave it....I got so tired of that, so out it went! 


That opened it up to the old radiator and the lath on the wall...no Shiplap here!


While deciding exactly what we could agree on for that portion of the wall, my husband started putting up drywall around the room. The walls were in such bad condition it had to be done.


My idea of putting up bead board won and he really wanted to put up "real" wood bead board instead of the panels you can buy....I love that decision!....although at the time I would have been happy with the panels....Thank you honey!


The walls got painted once the drywall was up and ready...


Then he (we) started working on the ceiling....and one of the planks fell and broke off the valve to the radiator and we had water spraying all over the new bead board....I had to basically sit on the radiator and hold my finger to the broken area for about an hour while my husband drove to the next town to the Heating and Cooling Co. and bought a new fangeled valve....
Thank goodness it fit! These radiators are old!


This is what the ceiling is looking like....
layers of chippy paint had to be scrapped off first. 


During that time our new Barn Lights arrived....
and we are in Love!
It took us some time to find exactly what we were looking for. Have you priced Barn Lights?
Well, I will tell you they can be quite expensive. These are very affordable and are the perfect size. 
Most of the lights we were seeing were not big enough around. Most were about 10 inches in diameter and for them to look right we needed about 13-14 inches. These were perfect!


I couldn't wait for my husband to get Home the day they arrived. Even though this room gets alot of light with the two windows and the door to outside all on the west wall, without these lights it can be very dark....as you probably notice in my pictures. 


I had purchased a couple of the Edison bulbs for these lights, but this is the area that I do my ironing in the morning and they just didn't throw off enough light. So until I find something else, a normal light bulb is working just fine for me. 


We are just loving these lights!


These lights going in and the bead board and paint and the ceiling has me so excited for this room finally getting done. Next up I will show another big transformation....behind the washer and dryer!
I'm so excited!


Thank you for stopping by today! I'm always excited to see who visits!
Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

  1. Like the lights, the walls...sorry about that no shiplap...and goodness, now you know how the little Dutch boy felt with his finger in the dike holding the entire ocean back. You have all the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do with a little less excitement! ha, ha But living in this home there is always something keeping us on our toes. Thanks for stopping by Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love what you are doing, especially to the ceiling. What a difference and so charming and beautiful. Great, no GREAT job!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...