Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's All Good Stuff....

Along with enjoying a Great smelling candle
because of the cooler temps at night and in the morning....
I'm also in the mood to bake.  I've been wanting to try
making a Rhubarb pie and went looking for a recipe.

My Mom gave me this cookbook years ago and I pull 
it out as a trusted reference when I want to try something
~Homey~

 Some of you may even have this cookbook.
I'd love to know if you do and what recipe you enjoy making.

 I was a little surprised to find this recipe....
for some reason it just struck me funny that the
Amish being of German descent 
would have a French recipe....
sounded like a good one and French is so "in" right now
Why not with my pie!

 So I assembled all my ingredients 

 and  it's now in the oven....
Yum....whole house candle au naturale!
See my little "confiture" dish in the back?  I just picked it up 
the other day when I got my Summer Boardwalk candle.
It was at Williams Sonoma clearanced for $4.99 from $19.00.
At the register they took off another 20% and I got it for 
$4.49....it holds my butter.  But as you know it is

confiture [ˈkɒnfɪˌtjʊə]
           n (Cookery) a confection, preserve of fruit, etc.
[from French, from Old French confire to prepare, from Latin conficere to produce
I still enjoy it for my butter....real butter?   Yep!


 I also pulled out my crockpot this morning and after
I put my Country Style Pork Ribs on the grill to help
seal in the juices, I put them in and sliced some onion and added
a few more seasonings and ....

 about 6:30 tonight
(that's when my Guy gets Home)
they will be so tender and Good
they will fall off the bone
You can almost taste them right now can't you?
Yep....I know you can!
Wish I could share the smells in my Home right now!
Just sayin'!

Then to finish things off for the perfect 
Summer Evening meal....
Fresh Corn on the Cob and Garden Tomato from our 
local Farm Market down the road....

Oh....Hold on....
Just one second!

 My Pie is done!

Smells Wonderful....
Hope it tastes good too!

What's on your dinner table tonight??

8 comments:

  1. That looks great! !!" Wow that pie! Have a great evening and a great dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornflakes? Right. I think that's what we'll go with. We had Italians for lunch so that's a heavy enough meal for one day. ☺

    Oh, but I'd pay to have a sniff of your kitchen right now with the rhubarb pie and supper in the crockpot. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pie! What is it about fall that brings out the urge to bake? Maybe it's because it's harvest time, I don't know. But like you, I enjoy cooking more when the weather cools off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful looking pie - yum! Dinner looks really tasty too.. I am fixing chicken salad - it's to hot here still to think warm or hot meals -- and I can't wait for Az. winter then the baking goes in works and hot meals on the table.. But you sure making me long for oven cooked pork ribs...
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my.. I bet that was a delicious meal! My grandmother used to make rhubarb cobblers and I haven't had one in years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to try this - I have some rhubarb ready to harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. play bazaar is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs.Even you can find website theme with <a href="http://www.playbajar.com/ResultChart.php

    ReplyDelete
  8. Satta king Play Bazaar When attempting to sell an item on the web, it is imperative to make it simple for your client to purchase your item. Whether or not your webpage is simply straightforward content with a couple of pictures or a huge expertly structured online store, your client has to know how and where to make a buy. In the event that that data is too hard to even consider finding, you will lose a larger part of your deals.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...