Friday, January 13, 2017

Making of a Farmhouse Guest Room Part Four...

Welcome to Part 4. I'm sure by now you are saying OMG enough already. I don't blame you, but I'm just so excited how this guest room turned out and to be back blogging again.  I hope in some way you are enjoying these layers of the makeover with me. This is where I left off in Part 3 which you can see here.


Below is a picture of my inspiration for a Farmhouse Guest Room. I was at T.J. Maxx one day, I think it was in the Spring, and I came across this bedding set. I really liked the soft taupey color mixed with the crisper white. There was just something about this picture that caught my attention. But typical of what I do, I didn't get it! At the time I couldn't justify in my head redoing that room at the time. But I went back weeks later and it was still there....and this time it was on clearance! Okay, it was going Home with me! I kept it in the closet for awhile. One reason was because it was so darn hot outside and it was summer and we don't have central air (our Home was built in 1879). But, in that time I was able to dream up exactly how I wanted this Farmhouse Guest Room to turn out. 


I don't know about you, but as soon as a room is to the point of decorating, the bedding goes on! I had the euro shams, the blanket and I had purchased new crisp white sheets and I had already purchased the 21 inch drop bed skirt. I still love a pretty bed skirt! 


Then more fun stuff gets added into the room. I love pillows, so of course I found some in my stash to cozy up the bed a bit. I purchased the black step stool at Ikea a few years ago. I like the punch of black that it adds along with the bed tray that I DIY'd  with a couple of cups and a teal cow coffee creamer. Cows, Farmhouse Guest Room, I think I have a design theme! Hmm!


Another cow appears on the dresser, this one is vintage! I purchased the crisp linen dresser scarf at an Estate Sale and the little lamp with the black shade I've had for years. I'm also a collector of ironstone, so bringing in a white pitcher helped add a bit more Farmhouse feel.  Love!


Here's a side shot of the bed showing the large mirror that belongs to the dresser. I love the reverse image! Of course a nicely scented candle is always a must and an etched glass tumbler is available for a handy drink of water if needed at night by the bedside. 


The furniture that I grew up with in my parents home, suddenly didn't seem so BIG large scale in this bedroom with 10 ft. ceilings. But I wouldn't get rid of it for anything! I brought in one of my vintage Olive Buckets and added a few decorative twigs and a few faux flower stems for texture. Along with the faux hydrangeas in the ironstone pitcher. This room is starting to cozy up!


I moved the cow head that is so often seen around blog land from my kitchen area and I knew she had to go above this Farmhouse bed. To add a bit of color and texture my boxwood wreath had to hang around her neck. 


I got a few pictures hung and of course the nightstands were brought in with lamps. I changed pillows up more then once, as I tend to do. I love getting the pillows at T.J. Maxx and HomeGoods.


Here is a picture of the room where I'm really getting the feel of my vision for my Farmhouse Guest Room. I plan to someday find a set of 3 euros for this bed, but for now I'll work with what I have.

I will let you have a break for now. I hope you come back tomorrow to see what in the world else I add to this room to make it a Farmhouse Guest Room. Thank you for hanging in there with me. I really do appreciate your stopping by!

I linked up to this party and you can see more here!

3 comments:

  1. play bazaar is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs.Even you can find website theme with satta king and joomla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satta king Play Bazaar On the off chance that you are going to utilize small scale blogging to grow your business' web nearness, locate a decent equalization in the quantity of postings. You need to keep your supporters intrigued and give significant substance, however you additionally would prefer not to spam anybody's feeds by posting refreshes on various occasions a day on comparative points.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...