Saturday, January 14, 2017

Adding those cozy Farmhouse touches....

Welcome back! If you're here I am hoping that you are enjoying my Farmhouse Guest Room makeover. It was really fun to come up with items to make my vision for this room happen. If you've been following along you know that I've been ridiculously excited to post about this room. Below is a picture of where I left off from my previous post. If you want to play catch up you can go here, here, here and Yes, here....excited? Well, grab a cup of your favorite beverage, because this post might end up a bit long!


As I've shared this was my inspiration for the Farmhouse Guest Room.


One of the things that caught my eye, was the hanging lamp by the bed. I had a great idea and when I told my husband about it, he drew this quick drawing. I had an antique lampshade that I had purchased 20+ years ago. It was in really bad condition from a fire and the fabric had melted beyond repair. Sadly, it was at one time a beautiful Victorian shade with a bird that was painted on the material. I went up to the attic and dug it out of a box. The size and shape was perfect!


My husband was on board and got another piece of rough hewn barnwood, bought some pipe and next thing I knew he had the start of my Farmhouse wall sconce hanging on the wall. 




He had a wonderfully patina'd teal colored pulley with the perfect amount of rust and a circle of rope that may at one time been used as a barn swing. That was perfect along with my vintage shade!
All I had to purchase was the light mechanism and it came with the Edison bulb, perfect touch!



I love the soft glow at night!



The room is so big, that as we added in the pieces to the room, it still felt like it needed more.  I asked my husband if he would mind building me a bench to go at the foot of the bed.
 All I had to do was ask...


More rough hewn barnwood and I had exactly what I wanted. It is the perfect size to sit on to put on your shoes and not fear it will tip over. I just love it!


What does every Farmhouse bedroom need? A braided rug and I just happened to have one in a spare room that I had picked up at an Estate sale. I wasn't sure that it would work, but when I put it in the room and the sun hit it coming through the windows....again, Perfect! If I do say so myself!


By this time it is October and we had been to the fleamarket a few times. We picked up a chicken feeder and of course it was the perfect size to hold an arraignment of dried flowers from the season. Would you guess my husband put this together for me? Yep he did....Love him!


I had this galvanized cow that I picked up at Hobby Lobby and sitting it there just seemed to be the perfect spot! Those blinds you see on the radiator may at some point be hung in the 3 windows that take up that wall. The only thing stopping me is they face the side street to our Home, so privacy is an issue. We'll see....another time!

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have enjoyed everything so far. I still have a tiny bit to share, so I hope to see you back again at some point to catch up. Thanks for your patience!


Please stop by here, where I've joined the party!

6 comments:

  1. Your room makeover turned out wonderful, Lisa! Everything looks perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! As you can tell I am just getting back in to blogging. I've had a few glitches, but I am working on them. One was being able to leave comments and replies, I just today got that figured out. Thank you for stopping, I hope to see you again!

      Delete
  2. Love it, the light is awesome and I might need to make one for my guest room! Thanks for linking up to the Talk of the Town Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. play bazaar is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs.Even you can find website theme with satta king and joomla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Satta king Play Bazaar This gives you significantly greater perceivability and much more traffic. Publicizing is never a poorly conceived notion.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...