I had this old found martin house and
4 of these plastic gourd birdhouses were
hanging from it. Well, over this past winter
the old decrepit martin house basically fell apart.
Not at all salvageable, but these were
with a little elbow grease.
So we cut them free and took them apart.
They were filled with old bird nests and bee/wasp nests.
and LOTS of dirt and moss.
I thought about painting them each a bright color.
But first I googled and found that nature colors
are best when using for shelter for birds. And
after seeing them all cleaned up and put back together
I have to agree. I like the weathered clean patina better!
So I found the perfect spot for each....
to be seen.....
thru-out our yard....
and even from my neighbor's kitchen window.
I like to share!
This is the only picture I could find that shows where they
use to hang in our yard. Now the shed is being built there.
My husband has been wanting to have a place to plant
his herbs in our yard. Last year we had trouble with
slugs taking their share of bites and basically killing our plants.
So Brad decided they must go up....
so he "found" an old telephone pole and
cut it to the lengths needed and put them in the ground.
He purchased a couple of faux barrel planters
(real ones are really expensive)
and Wa La....
To the left of these planters
is where the shed is being built.
Those are just a few of the projects we did
this weekend. We had some really hot temps in the
90's and it made it difficult to do too much outside.
Today is to be about 20 degrees cooler
and a whole lot less humid....
I like that!
Have a delightful day!