Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Planters & Baskets, Oh My!....

The sun finally came out this afternoon
I went to the grocery store which also has a 
garden center and I just couldn't resist any longer.
I picked up a few flowers to put in my planter
by our front door....

 each year I do something a little bit different,
this year I still put in my spikey thing and my viney thing
but, along with my geranium I added
~Portulaca~

 They're the colorful flowers on the outer edge.
If you haven't heard of them before
they are tolerant of heat and dry soils....
that's this planter!

 I picked up this English Daisy awhile back
and finally put that in this little planter by our
driveway and added a few of the 
Portulaca in with it.
Adds a bit of color to our 
back entry!

 While my hubby was getting wood for the shed
on Sunday, I snuck out to the garden center and
picked up a couple of hanging baskets.
I thought this one was pretty with the
purple and yellow combo....

 Not bad for $8.88!

 I picked up this plant stand after my Mom 
passed away 2 yrs ago.  I brought home a
gorgeous Begonia hanging basket from her
funeral.  It looked so  pretty on my porch and 
every day when I sat on my porch I would think of her.
She loved my porch too!
I still think of her when I sit on my porch,
so I thought this basket would be a 
pretty little addition!

 Again, $8.88!

I looked at Mother's Day cards today
at the store....
we've since lost my hubby's Mom as well.
I must admit, I got a bit of a tear in my eye.
They will be missed this year for sure!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a much 
~HAPPIER~
note....

 You may remember my post of the high winds
breaking my gazing ball....
~not such a happy note~

 Well, I found a pretty replacement at
 Hobby Lobby
on sale....of course!

I really like the swirls and the bit of
color that pops out when the sun hits it.
I am thinking of painting the base a darker color though.
Maybe something in a rusty tone would look good.
What would you do?

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you had a chance to get out 
and plant some flowers!  I don't know about your corner of the world,
but for tomorrow they are talking about
Rain!

6 comments:

  1. I love what you put in your planters! I couldn't find any of those "spikey things" when I planted my geraniums but I usually use them too. What a neat way to use a hanging basket. I need one of those. Your new gazing ball is really pretty too. I've had to revert to a stainless steel one because they kept getting broken.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would I do? Nothing more than I had to. =D The ball looks great. The flowers are wonderful. You've reminded me that I must find something for my mother's grave this week. Something that will bring a smile for the beautiful memories of her. Gosh. I miss her. We're all in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of getting a gazing ball. I think my 1850 house needs one! I saw those at Hobby Lobby. Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty! I really need to get some flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Har Wat Mujhe Milti Rehti Hai Anjani Si SazaMain Kisse Pucho Mera Kasoor Kya Hai play bazaar websites new ideas satta king Khamosh Muhabbt Ka Ehsaas Hai Wo, Mere KhwahishMere Jajbat Hai Wo,Aksar Ye Khyal Kyu Aata Hai Dil Mai,
    Meri Pahli Khoj Or Aakhiri Talash Hai Wo.a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Satta king Play Bazaar Use prizes, giveaways and drawings to expand traffic. Individuals love something for nothing. Utilize this furthering your potential benefit by offering a prize as a motivator for them to go to your site, pursue your mailing list and be participated in a drawing. This gets you traffic, yet in addition develops a mailing list for sometime later.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...