Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Planters & Baskets, Oh My!....

The sun finally came out this afternoon
I went to the grocery store which also has a 
garden center and I just couldn't resist any longer.
I picked up a few flowers to put in my planter
by our front door....

 each year I do something a little bit different,
this year I still put in my spikey thing and my viney thing
but, along with my geranium I added
~Portulaca~

 They're the colorful flowers on the outer edge.
If you haven't heard of them before
they are tolerant of heat and dry soils....
that's this planter!

 I picked up this English Daisy awhile back
and finally put that in this little planter by our
driveway and added a few of the 
Portulaca in with it.
Adds a bit of color to our 
back entry!

 While my hubby was getting wood for the shed
on Sunday, I snuck out to the garden center and
picked up a couple of hanging baskets.
I thought this one was pretty with the
purple and yellow combo....

 Not bad for $8.88!

 I picked up this plant stand after my Mom 
passed away 2 yrs ago.  I brought home a
gorgeous Begonia hanging basket from her
funeral.  It looked so  pretty on my porch and 
every day when I sat on my porch I would think of her.
She loved my porch too!
I still think of her when I sit on my porch,
so I thought this basket would be a 
pretty little addition!

 Again, $8.88!

I looked at Mother's Day cards today
at the store....
we've since lost my hubby's Mom as well.
I must admit, I got a bit of a tear in my eye.
They will be missed this year for sure!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a much 
~HAPPIER~
note....

 You may remember my post of the high winds
breaking my gazing ball....
~not such a happy note~

 Well, I found a pretty replacement at
 Hobby Lobby
on sale....of course!

I really like the swirls and the bit of
color that pops out when the sun hits it.
I am thinking of painting the base a darker color though.
Maybe something in a rusty tone would look good.
What would you do?

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you had a chance to get out 
and plant some flowers!  I don't know about your corner of the world,
but for tomorrow they are talking about
Rain!

4 comments:

  1. I love what you put in your planters! I couldn't find any of those "spikey things" when I planted my geraniums but I usually use them too. What a neat way to use a hanging basket. I need one of those. Your new gazing ball is really pretty too. I've had to revert to a stainless steel one because they kept getting broken.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would I do? Nothing more than I had to. =D The ball looks great. The flowers are wonderful. You've reminded me that I must find something for my mother's grave this week. Something that will bring a smile for the beautiful memories of her. Gosh. I miss her. We're all in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of getting a gazing ball. I think my 1850 house needs one! I saw those at Hobby Lobby. Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty! I really need to get some flowers too.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...