Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What A Cutie....

My daughter Amanda wanted her so badly. She looked at a few of the surrounding shelters and went and visited them and on one night this little kitten was brought in while she was there. They were just closing so she had to wait a few days until she could go back and adopt her. She was only 6 wks old and was found by a river in not the best of circumstances. The shelter had named her Tiny and she was. The night she adopted her she brought her to our HOME to show us. She "Tiny" pounced around and played, she was sooo cute! Amanda took a few days to come up with a new name for her. Because she was soooo playful, the perfect name for her was Moxie. It had to be the right name and it fit! Then a few days later Moxie started sneezing and then it turned into a congested cough. Amanda was told this is common for little kittens like Moxie when they are in a shelter with other cats and it should go away within a few days. Well, the outcome was not good and after a very hard, stressful and emotional night, yes it happened that fast. Moxie didn't make it and she lost her struggle Saturday morning. My daughter, in the 11 short days she had her, was already so attached to this sweet little thing that nobody else wanted. Needless to say it was not a good day! I just happened to be at Amanda's apartment when it took place and I am glad that I was. She would not have been able to handle what had just happened to her new little friend! Poor baby Moxie!

8 comments:

  1. I am not kidding when I say, "I have a lump in throat right now." Moxie looks exactly like my little Iris who is a live wire like you wouldn't believe. All I can say is, I'm glad that Moxies last days were in a warm home with lots to eat and plenty of love. Also, thanks for checking in with me, and I'd like to link you up to my blog so I can remember to check in with you! Have a lovely day, and so sorry about little Moxie.

    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is soo sad, you have me almost in tears, that photograph is adorable! Once little kittens get the cold/flu it is very difficult to get rid of it. Maybe she could go back to the shelter and get another wee kitten. I know it won't be the same as Moxie but its giving another wee kitten a chance of a new home.

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, a very sick kitten. Moxie was very loved by Amanda! and it is sad that so many baby animals are left outside to die without homes. Amanda is just as sweet, kind and loving as her Mom. I hope Amanda will adopt another kitten, Amanda has a big heart and lots of love to give to a sweet animal without a home.
    Big hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa I'm so sorry about little Moxie. Being cat lovers, my husband and I had the exact same experience years ago, and it's horrible. Tell Amanda not to despair; there are so many little cuties like Moxie that need adopted. We adopted our "Sassy" in August, and she is a joy. There is another cutie just waiting for Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    Dulcy was telling me about Moxie tonight at hooking....so sad. When she's ready maybe she can find another kitty to share her love with. Let her know I'm thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once little kittens get the cold/flu it is very difficult to get rid of it.


    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so sad!! I have had the same experience. One tiny baby like Moxie and then a bigger sweetie. Lost within days of adopting. We adopted Felix and he was sick but we nursed him for a year before he succombed to fip. I hate to say it but they pick up so many germs at shelters. You want to do the right thing by adopting but the heartache is horrible if they are sick. I would check around to see if there is anyone who has kittens to give away first and then you reach them before they are taken to the shelter!
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...