Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Semi-homemade....

I call this my cheater chili. I guess semi-homemade sounds a little better though.



First, you brown the ground chuck and add the chopped onion and green pepper. This is the semi-homemade part. I did have to chop after all!

Drain off excess.

Then you add the diced tomatoes and the chili bean mix. Shhh! It's quick!

Add enough tomato juice to your liking.

Then, BAM...., you add your spices. Mine are secret!

Now give it a good stir and heat to a boil. I let it simmer a bit to help mix all my spices.

We like a bit of grated sharp cheddar and a few corn chips with our chili.

Mmmm.... that hits the spot!








3 comments:

  1. I'm so lucky I don't have to cook. I have a hubby that LOVES it and cooks all the time. But the trade off is me cleaning all the time. Thanks for stopping in. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for checking in with me. Your home in your header is absolutely beautiful - I love it. And I always love a good project and those of with older homes - well, projects are a never ending thing. And that chili, that sounds really good - and anthing that's quick - well, that's my kind of cookin'. Have a blessed Wednesday. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cottage is beautiful...love it! It's funny that you call your semi-homemade chili "cheater chili"...that's what I call mine and I have secret seasonings too. I finally let my hubby in on my secret and now he makes cheater chili!

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...