Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We Were Saddened....

when the weather turned somewhat nice, to discover one of our flower urns at the entry to our home, did not weather the colder temperatures this past winter. We have had them for at least 9 years and have had no problems in the past, but for some reason this year we lost one of the two. We really did not know where we would find another to "match" as these were not purchased new, but from some Estate Sale in Indiana. We figured they were quite old, as they had years of paint chipping away, so we just scraped them and painted to the colors of our choice. And every year they have brought such beautiful color to Welcome our guest to our Home!


~The above is the one that made it thru~
So we were quite excited this past weekend when we were out and about
and passed this roadside concrete place and
low and behold from the distance, traveling down the road
out of the corner of my eye I saw urns that looked to be
very similar to what we were looking for!

TA DA.......
We have a match!!!!!
Can you believe it? Now alittle paint and it will be as if
we never lost one!

9 comments:

  1. That is so sad but at least you have found another to redo. How blessed you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, good grief...that is amazing. The new one looks to be just the same..I'm so glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Don't you just LOVE it when that happens! I have been frustrated because the seal on my blender was shot and the lid was broke but I had been limping along with it (We have smoothies every day). Well, I hit a garage sale on Sunday afternoon as they were packing up and I find a new (got for Christmas but didn't need one) red blender still in the box with the receipt. They had it marked $15.00. He said they would take an offer....I looked in my wallet and told him I had $8.00 cash. He said "SOLD". So now I have a new pretty red blender that works great, heehee!! I'm so glad you found a new mate for your Urn.
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a coincidence! They look exactly alike. How lucky you are. I have been lucky leaving my things out. In the spring I remove half of the soil and replenish it. I have so many pots I would break my neck trying to bring all of them in! :-D

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holey Socks! What a perfect match! I just love happy endings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! What a wonderful coincidence, actually I don't believe in coincidences, but HOW GREAT!
    The urn is lovely.
    I have had a hard time finding concrete urns where I am located AND shipping is prohibitive :-).
    Loved my visit to your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty amazing you found a match after all that time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great find!. They do match perfectly. It must have been your lucky day.
    Enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...